Monday, January 15, 2007

Update

I'm happy, since it looks like my waist shaping and gauge finagling on the sleeve are working out just fine:

The edges are rolling a bit, can't wait to fix that with the hem facings. I guess there is nothing stopping me from doing that next...it might be just the break I need before I slog my way through the next sleeve.

I'm thinking ahead--I do not like the idea of a 'wide boat neck' look, I just know that with a garment like this it would annoy me. I plan to work some short rows on the upper back and work extra decreases to remedy that. I'm also psyching myself up for a hand-sewn steek. I don't think I have enough room to spare for a crocheted steek, and I don't really trust my skills with a sewing machine enough to risk it.

I was doing a good job being faithful to Enid but I thought I'd 'warm up' for colorwork by joining the We Call Them Pirates knit-along...and casting on a pair of socks for a friend's imminent birthday. Heh.

CR

2 comments:

hesira said...

That looks great! It fits you so well. I cheated on Enid too. I made the Piggles hat on the latest Knitty, for my 3 year old neice. I wasn't able to get pics, by my SIL says she'll send me one.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your progress. I don't really have anything to show yet. Just a tube for the body.

Lizz said...

Looks great on you!