Friday, January 5, 2007

Also--

I was rushing to catch the bus this morning and realized that I was almost done with the body so I grabbed my double pointed needles and cast on for the sleeve instead. I did a provisional cast on--I'm hoping to do a similar treatment at all the edges--sleeves, hem and neckband. I think I'll be doing all of them in green (my favorite color). I'm being really Virgonean about it, but I just can't stand the idea of three separate edges. Don't get me wrong, I am MEGA-excited about the look of the contrast psuedo-piping and especially the interior facings in a whole other color. I'm not the sort of person who edits colors from Noro or freaks out about mismatched sock stripes...but SOMETIMES, I guess I am ;)

CR

P.S. I'm several rounds into the sleeve and it's way too huge--I'm knitting the 33" size and 60 stitches is coming out far too large, at least for my liking. I'm going to go with Amanda's sleeve modification. Another edit/update: I have a confession to make--I wasn't getting gauge on the body, but I was okay with that. I was getting 6 stitches to the inch, which is yielding a sweater that measures 34" around--much closer to the size I wanted. I am a loose knitter and had to go the size 3 needles to even get that gauge. Instead of changing the CO # and the taper (as Amanda did) I think I'm going to just knit the sleeves on size 2 needles. This way they will come out the intended measurements. It was "huge" because I forgot that I'm knitting at a different gauge. I'm also liking Joan's matching sleeve/body hemming...

This might be majorly boring for a lot of you, but I know we have some first time sweater knitters in the KAL, so I hope this exhaustive amount of info is helpful.

In other news, I had a dream last night that I cut my steek after reinforcing only one side--with a CONTRAST color thread. Whoops. I was very happy to wake up to an intact sweater.

1 comment:

hesira said...

LOL. You know it's bad when you start dreaming about it!