Sunday, December 31, 2006

I think I'm almost ready

1. I bought yarn at my Mother-in-law's friend's yarn shop (Yay Christmas gift certificates!). I'm sharing some of those lovely contrast colors in Amanda's last post, but I went with a different yarn for the body. It's Elsebeth Lavold silky wool. I explained everything to the woman at the shop, including the fact that I had no idea what I was doing and she assured me many times that the yarn I bought was a good substitute and would be plenty sticky for steeking. Keep your fingers crossed.

2. I left my knit picks options needles at my parents' house. Brilliant. So I, too, will be casting on a sleeve first while I wait for the needles to get back to my place in NY.

3. I will be in the car driving all day on January 1. I may not be casting on until the second, but since I'm a fed and we're all off on the second to mark the passing of Gerald Ford, I think I'll be able to make it up.

4. I haven't decided whether I'm going to use a modified steek since I've changed my yarn. I may want to use a crocheted steek since I'm not using 100% wool. But since I'm starting with a sleeve, I can stay in denial for a little longer.

Pictures after I've started!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ooooh - I've felt that silky wool and it's nice stuff - good substitute! What color did you get?