Friday, February 2, 2007

Trying It On For Size

Hi Everyone.

I thought I'd share some Enid experience with you. I've gotten the sleeves joined to the body and have tried it on. Here's my pic


For those of you who haven't knit a sweater in the round yet, let me tell you, the first few rounds after joining the sleeves are awkward to knit when you get to the sleeve part. That eases up eventually. Also, be careful when joining the sleeve and don't put it on upside down, like I did the first time I tried. Of course, no one else is as dipsy as me, I bet. Another thing, and I know this is terribly obvious, but I thought I'd bring it up. There is no mention of sewing the underam seam in the pattern, or if there is, I can't find it. I've read it several times. Am I missing something? I know most people would just assume if you have the same number of bound off stitches on the sleeve as on the body, that you should make a seam there, but normally a pattern tells you to do so and when. I'm planning to sew mine after the whole thing is knit, but before I steek.

Also, this sweater appears to short for my curves. I may have to lengthen the bottom when I go to make the hem. We'll see after it is all yoked up. OK, I showed you mine, now you show me yours!

1 comment:

Lizz said...

Looks great! Now that you mention it, I don't remember there being any talk about the underarm seems. I left my stitches live for the underarms and grafted them after the body was finished. When you have a seamless sweater why seam the underarms? :-)